The Light Lead Apron for Urologists
At Deutsch Medical we understand that sometimes surgeons need to treat their patients not only while standing but also while seated. Conventional lead aprons like apron skirts or double aprons only provide sufficient radiation protection while standing. And that is why we offer a specific Urology apron – a front apron with the lower part split into three panels – to fully protect the surgeon from x–rays while standing and seated.
The Unique Benefit:
The lower part of the Urology Radiation Lead Apron is split in three lower front panels to protect the reproductive organs of the seated surgeon from radiation.
The Apron Style
- The Urology lead apron attaches to the body with two adjustable Velcro straps at the front waist area that crosses over at the lower back.
- This style assists to transfer weight from shoulders to the waist area, reducing stress on the neck and back.
- The left and the right lower panel can be secured to the leg with velcro straps.
- There are three fastener options at the rear of the Urology lead apron.
- Comfortable shoulder pads and a standard thyroid collar are inclusive. An integrated thyroid shield is optional.
Colours and Sizes
- Deutsch Medical provides more than 40 different apron and trim colours.
- Our sizes are generous, offering standard sizes from XXS, XS, S, SM, M, ML, L, XL, XXL as well as custom ones (custom sizes on request).
New Fabric ‘MATRIX’
- The Urology lead apron is available with the MATRIX surface material – a unique practical solution allowing you to clean the aprons with potent desinfectant solutions such as Betadine or alcohol wipes.
- The MATRIX material is 100 % halogen free washable with up to 95°C.
If you would like to test the MATRIX surface material with your desinfectant solutions, please contact us below and we will provide you with test samples.
Lead Apron Protection Materials
- The Urology Lead Apron is available in three protection materials that ALL meet current (AS/ NZS 4543.3:2000) and new international (IEC 61331-3:2014, ASTM F2547 and DIN 6867-1) radiation safety standards at LOWER weight.
- VECTOR X – light lead
- Lead Free – light lead free
- Lead – traditional weight
Available protection thicknesses
- 0.50mm Pb
- 0.35mm Pb
- 0.25mm Pb
- Custom thickness available on request.
Available Embroidery Options
- Your individual or department name, title and/ or logo can be stitched in two locations of the lead apron – on the shoulder or on a pocket of the front apron.
- We also offer embroidery on the thyroid collar.
Deutsch Medical offer a personalised service to our customers in hospitals, veterinarians and dental professionals throughout Australia.
- We arrange a personal fitting appointments to view and wear the Urology lead apron.
- We take measurements of individuals to ensure the best fit.
- We provide product trials for our customers.
Deutsch Medical’s radiation protection lead aprons are made to customer’s standard specifications:
- Preferred choice of apron protection material and protection thickness based on your professional needs
- Selection of apron style, size, colour or pattern.
- Embroidery options on apron and/ or thyroid collar or other accessories: Logo/ Department/ Names
- Selection of optional accessories, ie. Thyroid collar, lead hats, shin guards, sleeves, etc.
- Individual requirements, ie. additional lengths, pockets, are available on request.
View our video
If you wish to trial the lead apron for urologists or enquire an appointment to discuss your individual requirements, please contact us via our details below, or by simply completing our request form below.
Deutsch Medical Pty Ltd
1/1 Lieber Grove
Melbourne (Carrum Downs) VIC 3201
1300 766 854