An increased risk in the occurrence of brain tumours in medical personnel due to high dose work environments, such as interventional radiology, is currently a focus of research. Particularly in work places where dose values cannot be reduced by a radiation protective shield or another protective system, the head is exposed to a significant amount of radiation.
Keeping the needs of our customers in mind, Barrier Technologies developed two individual X-Ray protective head wear solutions - reusable leaded head cap and disposable leaded head band.
The Reusable Lead Head Cap provides x-ray protection for the entire head. It is available in the Secure Shield Standard and Lead Free Core Material, 0.50mm Pb or 0.35mm Pb Lead Equivalence. The Lead Head Cap makes it comfortable to wear.
You can choose between a range of fabrics, including our easy-to-clean UltraflexTM antibacterial stain resistant fabric that protects healthcare staff from all types of occupational hazards by being completely impervious to liquids thus eliminating stains and exposure to hazardous fluids produced during procedures.
- Radiation Protection Standards: AS/NZS4543.3; IEC61331.3-2014 -> tested and certified against a full range of x-ray energies: 50-150kVp
- Inner Protection Material: Standard Lead, Lead Free
- Protection Thicknesses: 0.50mm Pb or 0.35mm Pb
- Manufacturer: Barrier Technologies
- Size: Please measure the circumference of your head and write the information in the additional comments field.
- Outer Fabric Material/ Colours:
- UltraflexTM - antibacterial stain resistant fabric,
- Diamond Ripstop,
- Camouflage and Custom Prints
- Optional Extras
- Monogram Name/ Department (one line)
- Custom Logo Embroidery
- Custom requests: Please use the 'additional comments field'