The Reusable Scatter Reducing Drape with Adjustable Cut-out can be positioned precisely to the area of the primary beam, reducing scatter radiation significantly. When placed on the patient's body, the drape stops the majority of the scatter radiation emerging from the patient’s body towards the medical staff. Through this the scatter radiation can be shielded very efficiently, therefore allowing “to reduce the exposition of the examining staff – especially the area of head and upper body – up to 90%.”(1) The reusable drape offers an economic and environmental advantage to common disposable scatter reducing drapes.
- Reduction of secondary radiation
- Application possible for patients lying on their side, in prone position (lying front down), or dorsal position (lying on the back)
- Safe positioning of the drape due to individual adjustment
- Adaptable to the examination field
- Cut-out for endoscopy
- Minimal weight impact on the patient
- Optional shoulder cover already included for protection of the acromioclavicular joint
- Weight: 4.75kg
- Meets all major global standards AS/ NZS 4543.3:2000 (Australia/ NZ), IEC 61331-3:2014 (International), ASTM F2547 (USA) and DIN 61331-3:2016 (Germany).
- User side: blue
- Patient side: orange
- Cleanable like a lead apron
- Embroidery on request
Inner Protection Materials
Lead Equivalence (mm Pb)
- Protecting healthcare professionals by reducing scatter radiation emitted by the patient’s body.
Size Option (cm)
1) Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Eder (2019):„Einsatz einer adaptierbaren Abschirmdecke bei ERCP?“, Journal „radiologie|technologie“ No. 2/2019, p.13 (only available in German at this stage), translation of article title "The Use of An Adjustable X-Ray Protective Drape during ERCP?")